Tiered SharePoint storage with EBS & RBS
Increase data storage amounts, improve SharePoint performance and reduce SQL infrastructure costs.
Store more data efficiently, reduce SQL Server dependencies and costs, improve SharePoint performance and speed up migration projects with Storage Maximizer for SharePoint. Make your job easier by automating the movement of selected SharePoint data to the locations you trust through external BLOB storage (EBS) or remote BLOB storage (RBS).
- Ease SharePoint demands on SQL Server to reduce performance issues
- Save storage costs by externalizing unused content and large files to less expensive storage
- Speed completion of SharePoint migration projects by up to 35 percent
- Manage externalized SharePoint data with native tools
- Protect externalized data while simplifying your data recovery plan
- Maximized performance with rich rules – Externalize the content that slows your system and reduce end-user complaints about SharePoint performance. Now you can externalize the data you choose based on any metadata criteria, including custom columns. Move data from SQL Server to more efficient storage, such as network attached devices and file shares, while keeping it accessible to your end users via SharePoint.
- Automatic scaling with tiered storage – Automatically scale SharePoint to meet your business requirements rather than shrinking your business to fit within SharePoint, and reduce your dependency on SQL Server. Achieve increased cost savings over time by automatically externalizing the data that weighs down SQL Server to lower-cost and more efficient storage options throughout the document lifecycle.
- Simplified management – Spend more time meeting your users’ SharePoint storage and performance needs by spending less time learning a new SharePoint tool. Storage Maximizer’s management and reporting dashboard is integrated with SharePoint Central Administration, providing a familiar user interface to track the internal and external locations of your data; manage storage externalization rules; and calculate and view the amount of data externalized, encrypted and compressed.
- Enhanced security – You can encrypt externalized SharePoint data so that only those with permission have access with a single click.
- Recovery protection – Get the benefits of externalizing SharePoint data without jeopardizing your recovery time objectives or complicating data protection. Restore lost or accidentally deleted data, whether externalized or not, back to its original location with Recovery Manager for SharePoint, including automating the steps required for externalization restores.