Quickly and accurately perform your daily development or administration tasks with Toad™ for IBM® DB2 z/OS. Its extensive automation and intuitive workflow dramatically simplify SQL management, SQL tuning, object management, and much more. This robust DB2 tool incorporates more than a decade of development expertise and user experiences to make DB2 management easier than ever.
- Improved code performance
- Debug stored procedures, format code and optimize SQL performance following best practices methodology.
- Easy object management
- Create and manipulate database objects through intuitive GUIs.
- Streamlined compare and synch
- Lets you compare and sync servers, schemas, and data, and easily identify differences.
- Performance-problem identification and resolution
- Enables performance tuning with automated SQL scan, optimization, and benchmarking; no other tool offers the level of performance tuning that is available in Toad Xpert.
- Group execute
- Processes scripts and code snippets against multiple servers and instances.
- Log reader
- Rolls back transactions in the transaction log without the need to restore from a backup.
- SQL script recall
- Tracks any SQL executed during your Toad session and eliminates the need to retype commonly used SQL, saving time.
- Security management
- Builds and executes security-related scripts against multiple servers to create, manage, and even replicate security for all users.
- Report generation and documentation
- Create customized reports for administration and development and export those reports in flexible formats including .xls, XML, .doc and .pdf.
- Powerful task automation
- Automate and schedule frequent and repetitive tasks.
- Object search
- Search for text in database objects, e.g., column names and SQL code; helps you rapidly locate code to quickly assess the impact of renaming or code changes.
- Project management
- Save and reuse powerful features for object management, SQL, and stored procedure coding.
- Query builder
- Access key data quickly; includes built-in report and pivot functionality, which allows for in-place analysis and single-click export to an Excel instance, so DBAs and analysts can easily export to their favorite tools.
- Complete suite
- Provides a comprehensive, end-to-end toolset, from development through production administration, as well as integration with Spotlight for performance diagnostics.
- Consistent toolset across database platforms
- Minimizes the learning curve across multiple platforms with a similar look and feel while providing deep functional expertise for the nuances of each platform.
- Streamlined user interfaceNEW in Version 6.0
- Speed through your work in record time with an intuitive and customizable interface that makes it easy to navigate from one task to another.
- Predictive space growthNEW in Version 6.0
- Avoid running out of space and making unplanned storage purchases. Predict data growth and space requirements for objects.
- Enhanced compare featureNEW in Version 6.0
- Fully customize database comparisons. Control what gets compared and what gets reported as differences, allowing a much deeper compare analysis over standard Schema comparisons.
Before installing Toad, ensure that your client system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
1 GHz minimum
512 MB of RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended
Hard Disk Space
212 MB to run Toad for IBM DB2
Note: The disk space required may vary based on the edition of Toad selected for installation.
Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (32-bit or 64-bit
Toad requires that a DB2 Client version 9.7.6 through 10.5.be installed as default.
Toad for IBM DB2 has been tested with the following versions of the DB2 Client: 9.7.6, 9.7.9 ,10.1.0, 10.1.2, 10.1.3, 10.5.0, 10.5.2, and 10.5.3.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
Before installing Toad, ensure that your server meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
IBM DB2 for LUW 9.1, 9.5, 9.7, 10.1, 10.5, 10.5.0.5
IBM DB2 for z/OS 9, 10, 11
Note: Toad may support IBM DB2 Express and SWE in addition to listed above servers, but note that no testing was performed on it.
Review the following information about using Toad for IBM DB2 in virtual environments:
Limited testing has been performed for Citrix XenApp 5.0 on Windows Server 2003 and Citrix XenApp 6.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Limited testing has been performed for Citrix support on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server (Service Pack 2) using the MetaFrame Presentation Server 5.0 and Citrix Presentation Server Clients 10.2.
Desktop Virtualization (VDI)
Toad has been tested with Quest vWorkspace 7.6 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.
Note: Toad may work in virtualization environments other than the ones in which it was tested.