MySQL development tool that quickly creates and executes queries
Rapidly create and execute queries, automate database object management, and develop SQL code more efficiently.
Toad™ for MySQL is a freeware development tool that enables you to quickly and efficiently create and execute queries, automate database object management, and develop SQL code. Toad MySQL provides utilities to compare, extract, and search for objects. The MySQL tool also enables you to record and play back keyboard commands, and transfer data across MySQL databases. The MySQL developer tool increases efficiency by helping you manage projects, import/export data, and administer the database.
- Version control integration — Enables you to check in and check out code from within the editor to reduce the risk of errors.
- Macro record and playback — Allows you to record and play back keyboard commands.
- Database browser — Reorganizes and manages objects and object types.
- Code snippet editor — Speeds navigation by enabling you to create and alter code snippets for expand-and-collapse code blocks.
- Security manager — Provides you with better system control by permitting or restricting user access to specific Toad features.
- SQL editor — Allows you to create, execute, modify, and save queries; view and edit data; and process DDL commands from an intuitive interface.
- Fast, multi-tabbed schema browser — Displays and manages database objects graphically.
- DB extract, compare-and-search utility — Allows you to compare two MySQL databases, view the differences, and create the script to update the target.
- Import/Export utility — Enables you to transfer data across MySQL databases.
Before installing Toad, ensure that your client system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
1 GHz minimum
512 MB of RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended
Note: The memory required may vary based on the following:
|Hard disk space|
133 MB of RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended
Note:The disk space required may vary based on the edition of Toad selected for installation
Important: Toad uses the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) when opening a SQL file to get Full-Text Search status, but DTC is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7. If you are using either operating system, ensure that Network DTC access is enabled on the Toad client. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753510(WS.10).aspx for more information about enabling DTC access.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (Service Pack 1)
Note: The following conditions apply:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later(for viewing the Toad for MySQL Installation Guide)
Before installing Toad, ensure that your server meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
|Cloud database service|
Toad can manage Amazon RDS and any other cloud or service offering compatible with MySQL.
Limited testing has been performed for Citrix support on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server (Service Pack 2) using the MetaFrame Presentation Server 5.0 and Citrix Presentation Server Clients 10.2.
|Note: Toad may work in virtualization environments other than the ones in which it was tested.|
- US English