Toad for SAP Solutions simplifies the day-to-day tasks of DBA’s.. Whether you are working with SAP ASE or SAP HANA, Toad eliminates performance-tuning challenges, simplifies SQL optimization and automates frequent and repetitive tasks, so you can focus on higher-priority projects. Take advantage of easy-to-use query builders and SQL editors, data-modeling functionality, powerful SAP database tuning, as well as maintenance- and change-management tools. Toad for SAP Solutions is available in various editions for SAP database developers and DBAs and supports SAP ASE, SAP HANA, SAP IQ, and SAP SQL Anywhere
- Support for SAP HANA NEW in Version 3.0
- Minimize the learning curve of SAP HANA with the familiar look and feel of Toad. Toad provides deep functional expertise for developing HANA applications and managing HANA database objects and users.
- Streamlined user interface NEW in Version 3.0
- Speed through your work in record time with an intuitive and customizable interface that makes it easy to navigate from one task to another.
- Easy object management
- Create and manipulate database objects through intuitive GUIs. Easily view dependency information for an object.
- Streamlined compare and synch
- Compare and sync servers, schemas and data to easily identify differences.
- Improved code performance
- Debug stored procedures, format code and optimize SQL performance following best-practices methodology.
- Rapid problem identification and resolution
- Enables performance tuning with automated SQL scan, optimization and benchmarking; no other tool offers this level of performance tuning.
- SQL script recall
- Tracks any SQL executed during your Toad session and eliminates the need to retype commonly used SQL, saving time.
- Query builder
- Access key data quickly; includes built-in report- and pivot functionality, which allows for in-place analysis and single-click export to an Excel instance, so DBAs and analysts can easily export to their favorite tools.
- Group execute
- Processes scripts and code snippets against multiple servers and instances.
- Log reader
- Rolls back transactions in the transaction log without the need to restore from a backup.
- Security management
- Builds and executes security-related scripts against multiple servers to create, manage and even replicate security for all users.
- Report generation and documentation
- Create customized reports for administration and development and export those reports in flexible formats including .xls, XML, .doc and .pdf.
- Object search
- Search for text in database objects, e.g., column names and SQL code, and rapidly locate code to quickly assess the impact of renaming or code changes.
- Project management
- Save and reuse powerful features for object management, SQL and stored-procedure coding.
- Powerful task automation
- Automate and schedule frequent and repetitive tasks.
- Complete suite
- Provides a comprehensive, end-to-end toolset, from development through production administration, as well as integration with Spotlight for performance diagnostics.
- Consistent toolset across database platforms
- Minimizes the learning curve across multiple platforms with a similar look and feel while providing deep functional expertise for the nuances of each platform.
- Multi-database SQL queries
- Query multiple databases and customize result formatting.
- Version control
- Use easy, secure, reliable version control that’s compatible with other systems.
- MDA-tables dashboard
- View data with ease.
|Hard disk space|
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
Note: Toad may support other internet browsers but note that no testing was performed on it.
Review the following information about using Toad in virtual environments: