Seamlessly connect data, files and users for improved collaboration.
Easily share information across your team with Toad™ Intelligence Central. This centralized repository for sharing Toad files and other data enables efficient, well-governed collaboration. Whether you’re gathering and prepping data in Toad Data Point, or sharing PL/SQL code and code analysis reports in Toad for Oracle, you can centrally publish your work in Toad Intelligence Central. This makes it quick and easy to share and view queries, files, objects and datasets — right within the tool. With this server-side component, you’ll reduce the risk of reporting failures, security threats and data loss while ensuring data governance.
Available for both Toad Data Point and Toad for Oracle users:
- Artifact publishing — Share all Toad artifacts — including diagrams, visual queries, automation, SQL files and more — with other Toad users.
- Rights management and data governance — Manage permissions and access rights to shared resources; uphold data governance rules.
- Automation scripts — Create automation scripts in Toad and publish them to Toad Intelligence Central where they can be scheduled for execution.
- Active Directory® support — Enable administrators to better manage users and teams, easily add and remove users and create logins.
Additional functionality for Toad Data Point users:
- Centralized and controlled data access — Gain a single point of access to all your data.
- Create SQL views — Access data directly from the source through SQL rather than moving data.
- Data repository — Store datasets or snapshots and schedule regular updates.
- Data visualization integration — Connect and share data with users of third-party visualization tools like Microsoft®, Tableau®, Qlik® Sense™ and Spotfire®.
- Connect with Dell tools — Connect to Dell Boomi® for application cloud integration and Dell Statistica™ for advanced analytics. Combining these tools with Toad provides a robust data management solution.
Additional functionality for Toad for Oracle users:
- Web-based management reporting — Gain a consolidated view of code quality over time with online Code Analysis reporting.
Before installing Toad Intelligence Central, ensure that your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements.
|Ensure your hardware is appropriate for the expected usage.|
|Configuration||Connected users1||Active users2||Logical processors3||Memory|
Toad Intelligence Central4
|Small server||50||6–15||4||32GB||2TB dedicated data disk or striped over 2-3 spindles||200 Mbps|
|Large server||100||16-30||8||64GB||4TB striped over 3-4 spindles||400 Mbps|
Tip: For higher numbers of active users, disk performance (on ProgramData\Dell\Toad Intelligence Central\) will improve significantly if the data is striped across multiple spindles to enable concurrent I/O operations. This is especially true when Toad Intelligence Central snapshots or data sets are heavily used.
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Windows 7 (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
|.NET Framework||.NET 4.5 or above is required.|
To connect to ODBC data sources, supporting ODBC drivers and necessary client files must be installed on the Toad Intelligence Central server host computer.
Data connectivity license and data source connections
|A valid data connectivity license supports the following data sources:|
Azure DataMarket (Flexible query data sets only. Fixed query data sets are not supported.)
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 10g and 11g
SAP BusinessObjects Query as a Web Service (QaaWS) XI 3.0, 3.1 and 4.1
Salesforce verified against API V29 - Winter 2014.
SharePoint Lists using Data Services over SharePoint Server 2010 and later via OData
Hive verified against versions 0.10 (CDH4.2) and 0.13; HiveServer2 is supported.
Microsoft Analysis Services
OData — Generic for any OData service versions 1, 2 and 3; version 4 is not supported.
|Relational||ODBC-compliant databases. See above section on ODBC drivers for details.|
Cloud database connections can be made via the Admin Console with views and snapshots published to the Intelligence Central Server. This release supports connections to:
Toad Intelligence Central Web Server
|Use the Toad Intelligence Central installer to install the Toad Intelligence Central Web Server on the same host computer as Toad Intelligence Central. The minimum requirements of the Toad Intelligence Central Web Server are as follows.|
The Toad Intelligence Central Web Server requires Microsoft IIS Express be installed. Installation of IIS Express is included in the installer and will run only if required and by your agreement.
Port 80 is reserved for the web port. During installation, you can change this if required.
It is not advisable to install other web servers on the Toad Intelligence Central server host.
Ensure the port is open for TCP inbound connection. Ensure the Windows firewall and any other.
firewalls affecting the Toad Intelligence Central server host allow access to the web server.
Access Toad Intelligence Central from any of the following web browsers:
Toad Intelligence Central Admin Console
|Install Toad Intelligence Central Admin Console on the same host computer as Toad Intelligence Central and/or a host with a network connection to Toad Intelligence Central. The minimum requirements of the Toad Intelligence Central Admin Console are as follows.|
As per Toad Intelligence Central server.
Internet access to open the Quick Start Guide.
Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.