Flexible unified communications management, reporting and diagnostics
With Unified Communications Command Suite (UCCS), you can harness the valuable insight in your UC system to:
- Increase user productivity
- Encourage adoption
- Protect sensitive information
- Throttle ROI
- Plan for future growth and migrations
UCCS streamlines the complexity of managing multiple communication platforms and delivers a flexible cross-platform solution. Use the management, reporting and diagnostics capabilities to gain valuable insight on your workforce activity, communication consumption and system performance. Only Dell Software offers both analytics and diagnostics across Microsoft Exchange, Lync/Skype for Business, Office 365 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager – period.
- Insights into your communications — Improve and protect your business by turning the data trapped in your communication systems into understandable, usable and engaging insights about workforce activities, business processes and UC infrastructure needs. Unified Communications Analytics gives IT and users the intelligence to:
- Improve adoption rates
- Increase the return on investment
- Speed up migrations
- Enforce communication policies
- Meet business objectives.
- Improved system performance — Maximize the performance and availability of your Microsoft Exchange and Lync/Skype for Business environments and assist in the resolution of operational issues that arise. Unified Communication Diagnostics helps administrators detect problems in their messaging environments by displaying activity in a single interface. You’ll be able to quickly locate the root cause of issues and get knowledge-based resolution suggestions.
- Cross-platform support — Gain insights into your unified communications environment with the only cross-platform analytics and diagnostics solution on the market. Use a single solution to compare usage, trends and insights across Microsoft Exchange, Lync/Skype for Business, Office 365 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Exchange — Plan for future migrations, project infrastructure needs, enhance operational efficiency, achieve top messaging performance, adhere to compliance demands and mine the data trapped in your messaging environment to enhance the business.
- Lync/Skype for Business — Improve adoption rates, monitor usage, improve performance and availability and ensure optimum quality of experience. Monitor performance, improve the customer experience and remove the barriers that hinder adoption. Compare usage and adoption by feature, user or location and even compare it to adoption trends within Cisco Unified Communications Manager to make informed decisions on the rationalization of your UC environments.
- Office 365 — Enhance your understanding and insights into Office 365 Exchange online environment. UCCS picks up where native reports leave off, giving you insights into email usage and trends to help enforce communication policies, ensure SLAs for responsive departments and unlock the data trapped in the most common form of communication.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) — Monitor usage and trends within your Cisco Unified Communications Manager and build chargebacks based on call types, users and departments. Get an overview and inventory of your environment, conferences and peer-to-peer sessions and compare usage to Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business to help make informed decisions about the rationalization of your UC environments.
Unified Communications Analytics
Before installing Dell UC Analytics, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
Minimum: Quad core 64-bit computer.
|RAM||Minimum: 16 GB.|
For estimates regarding the required disk space for the collected data for different numbers of users for all the platforms, see the UC Analytics Deployment Sizing.xlsx spreadsheet which can be found under Documentation in the autorun.exe.
Windows 7 (64 bit version) or later
IIS (Internet Information Services) 7.0 or later
Data Engine Service
To collect Exchange configuration data for Exchange 2007, Exchange management tools must be installed on the computer which hosts the UC Analytics Data Engine service.
Query Engine Service
64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 or later
Storage Engine Service
64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 or later
The following is a list of the minimum environments that are supported for data collection:
To access the UC Analytics web site, use one of the following browsers:
For information about the rights and permissions needed to configure UC Analytics and to gather information,see the Dell UC Analytics Deployment Guide.
Unified Communications Diagnostics
Before installing UC Diagnostics, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements. Note: For the most up-to-date requirements, see the Release Notes.
Processor x86 or x64, running at a minimum speed of 2 GHz
Hard Disk Space
300 MB on system drive for application.
One of the following:
One of the following:
NOTE: If you are installing the database on a remote computer, ensure remote connections are enabled on the SQL server and you have sufficient permissions to create/modify the database.
Diagnostic Services (Health Tests) for all Environments
The following software is required for diagnostic services (health tests) to run on any environment:
NOTE: MDAC 2.8 comes with your operating system. If MDAC is uninstalled, UC Diagnostics will not run.
Diagnostic Services (Health Tests) for Exchange 2007
NOTE: If your organization contains Exchange 2007 servers and Exchange 2010 servers, you must install EMC 2007 Service Pack 2 or later.
The Exchange Management Tools version installed on your UC Diagnostics computer must match the Exchange version installed on your Exchange server. For example, if you have Exchange 2007 Service Pack 2 installed on your Exchange server, Exchange Management Console 2007 Service Pack 2 must be installed on your UC Diagnostics computer.
Microsoft Outlook should not be installed on the same computer on which MAPI & CDO is installed. For more information, see the following Microsoft knowledgebase article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266418.
Diagnostic Services (Health Tests) for Exchange 2010
Diagnostic Services (Health Tests) for Exchange 2013
|Diagnostic Services (Health Tests) for Exchange 2016|
Diagnostic Services (Health Tests) for BlackBerry
Diagnostic Services (Health Tests) for Lync
Diagnostic Services (Health Tests) for for Skype for Business
Diagnostic Console for all Environments
Diagnostic Console for Exchange 2007
Diagnostic Console for Exchange 2010
Diagnostic Console for Exchange 2013
|Diagnostic Console for Exchange 2016|
Diagnostic Console for Lync 2013/Skype for Business 2015
For installing Web Reports, you need one of the following:
For viewing Web Reports, you need:
Requirements for specific operating systems:
Local Windows Administrator privileges are required on the computer where the product is installed. For detailed requirements and a list of rights and permissions necessary for product operation, refer to the Unified Communications Diagnostics Deployment Guide.
Quickly gain insights across your unified communications systems.
Better business decisions
Turn data trapped in various UC systems into actionable intelligence.
Improve UC adoption
Gain insights from multiple UC platforms to supplement adoption activities.
Enhanced user experience
Ensure a quality experience and remove adoption barriers.
Discover environments, run health tests and launch reports and consoles.
Get platform diagnostics
Highlight bottlenecks to allow drill-down and simplified problem solving.
Optimize your environment
Run tests to see message delivery, availability and responsiveness.
Gain insight into the load on your Exchange servers.