Boost operational and administrative efficiency with a powerful virtual directory solution
Create virtual unified views of data stored within diverse back-end repositories.
Modify the presentation of data on the fly with Virtual Directory Server. This solution is a middleware application that abstracts back-end data from client applications. Virtual Directory Server allows you to easily integrate new applications into your existing identity infrastructure without having to alter directory information. That means your data stays put and in the same format.
Run Virtual Directory Server in environments where a variety of operating systems are used. This solution has been ported to all major platforms and optimized. Improve overall performance through load balancing and search caching using a single granular security policy for all back-end repositories. Virtual Directory Server is simply the easiest way to boost the operation and administration of your enterprise directory services.
- Improves performance – Boost performance with features like load balancing and failover algorithms, search caching for LDAP proxy requests and powerful request routing.
- Increases security – Effectively firewall operations and network traffic with granular filtering controls. Develop a single security policy and apply it to all back-end servers with an ACL plug-in. Enable auditing and data recovery with several full-featured logging utilities.
- Built-in manageability – Gain flexible remote administration and access configuration options from either a Java-based GUI or a standard web browser. Automate tasks and check the health of facilities by using a large collection of useful plug-ins.
- Customizable and extendable – You have the ability to customize all plug-ins. Plus, staged architecture facilitates scripted behaviors that can be triggered to act on packets of data as they traverse the virtual directory server.
- Ensure scalability – Establish an easily scalable architecture through the use of managed Server Groups with Virtual Directory Server.
- More platform and protocol support options – This solution offers engine support for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Solaris. Protocol support includes LDAP(S), Kerberos, HTTP(S)/Web Services (SOAP/XACML/SPML/Others), RADIUS, DIAMETER, MM7, SMPP, SIP and Raw TCP/UDP. It includes an LDAP-to-RDBMs bridge, which means VDS LDAP clients are able to access data stored within a relational database as though it were part of an original Directory Information Tree (DIT).
Virtual Directory Server
Virtual Directory Server resides between client applications and directory servers/relational databases to modify the presentation of data on the fly.