Dell™ vRanger software provides high-speed backup, replication and recovery of VMware® and physical Windows Server® environments. It protects entire virtual environments in minutes, detecting and backing up new VMs automatically, and delivers safe, scalable data protection to even the largest VMware customers. With vRanger, you can locate and restore individual files in seconds — even if they are buried in virtual and physical backups — from a single, intuitive interface.
- Easy-to-use installation wizard
- Deploy VMware® data protection in minutes.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use GUI
- Protect VMware and physical Windows server environments using an intuitive graphical interface.
- Agentless architecture
- Simplify backup, restore and replication management.
- Direct-to-target design
- Deliver the shortest I/O path for fast backup and restoration of VMware and physical Windows servers.
- Automatic Auto Discovery
- Detect and back up new VMs automatically.
- File Level Restore
- Recover individual files from virtual and physical backups.
- Patented Active Block Mapping (ABM)
- Reduce backup data volume significantly.
- Resource governing
- Ensure optimal application performance.
- Optional Virtual Appliance
- Increase scalability by distributing workloads.
- LAN-free backups
- Remove backup traffic off the LAN to a fiber-optic network, freeing up the LAN during peak hours.
- Integrated EMC Data Domain Boost
- Achieve impressive deduplication results by enabling Data Domain Boost to distribute parts of the deduplication process to the vRanger server.
- Dell DR4100 disk backup appliance certification
- Accomplish powerful, target-side deduplication by providing global deduplication across vRanger backup jobs.
Supported Guest OSs
Any guest OS that is supported by VMware.
Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.
- Active Block Mapping for reducing physical backup times and storage requirements
- Integrated catalog for locating virtual and physical backups quickly
- Individual file and folder restore for physical Windows servers
- Resource governing for performing physical backups without impacting application performance
- Automated static IP configuration for simplified virtual appliance deployment