Dell™ vRanger software provides high-speed backup and recovery of VMware®, Microsoft® Hyper-V®, and physical Windows Server® environments. It also provides high-speed replication for VMware. It protects entire virtual environments in minutes, detecting and backing up new VMs automatically, and delivers safe, scalable data protection to even the largest VMware and Hyper-V environments. With vRanger, you can locate and restore individual files in seconds — even if they are buried in virtual and physical backups — from a single, intuitive interface.
- Easy-to-use installation wizard
- Deploy VMware® and Hyper-V® data protection in minutes.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use user interface
- Protect VMware, Hyper-V and physical Windows server environments using an intuitive graphical interface.
- Agentless architecture
- Simplify backup, restore and replication management.
- Direct-to-target design
- Deliver the shortest I/O path for fast backup and restoration of VMware, Hyper-V and physical Windows servers.
- Automatic VM discovery
- Detect and back up new VMs automatically.
- File level restore
- Recover individual files from virtual and physical backups.
- Patented Active Block Mapping (ABM)
- Reduce backup data volume significantly.
- Resource governing
- Ensure optimal application performance.
- Optional virtual appliance
- Increase scalability by distributing VMware workloads.
- LAN-free backups
- Remove backup traffic off the LAN to a fiber-optic network, freeing up the LAN during peak hours.
- Integrated EMC Data Domain Boost
- Achieve impressive deduplication results and improve backup speed by enabling Data Domain to distribute parts of the deduplication process to the client.
- Dell DR4100 disk backup appliance certification
- Accomplish powerful, target-side deduplication by providing global deduplication across vRanger backup jobs.
Supported Guest OSs
Any guest OS that is supported by VMware.
Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.
- VMware vSphere 5.5 support
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 / 2012 R2 support
- Windows Server 2012 R2 / Windows 8.1 support
- Active Block Mapping (ABM) options to skip Windows page files and Hibernation files
- Scalability improvements for VMware Inventory
- Streamlined Installer
- 64-bit vRanger console support
- 64-bit Virtual Appliance and upgrade tools
- Restores are now prioritized in the job queue
- Data Domain Boost library has been updated to support DDOS 5.4.x