vWorkspace simplifies the deployment & management of virtual desktops
vWorkspace™ lets you deploy a blended model of VDI and terminal server technology – pairing appropriately with your users’ unique needs while reducing your average cost per virtual desktop. vWorkspace Hyper-V Catalyst Components enable you to achieve faster provisioning and significant storage savings. Add to that precise load balancing and integrated user-experience monitoring and you get the best performance regardless of the device or platform.
Try our free Workspace Assessment tool to determine if your environment is ready for desktop virtualization — and which VDI technologies would fit your organization.
vWorkspace makes desktop virtualization affordable, easy to manage and achievable for your organization:
- Facilitate BYOD in your workplace with vWorkspace connectors for iOS (iPad / iPhone), Android, Mac, Linux, and Java.
- Blend virtual-desktop and application technology to suit your budget, as well as mix and match hosted VDI, local/offline VDI, TS/RDSH, and application virtualization.
- Create virtual-desktop environments of all sizes in minutes to fit your needs with Desktop Clouds.
- Maintain optimum performance of your virtual desktops through advanced load-balancing and scalability — right out of the box.
- Eliminate your expensive SAN storage through seamless use of local storage (DAS).
- Reduce network latency on your end users in home offices and offshore locations with patent-pending technology.
- Speed up updates and multimedia content for a heightened user experience across your organization’s different devices using our Experience Optimized Protocol™ (EOP).
- Customize your vWorkspace with a variety of platforms, storage solutions, access devices and licensing options.
- Automate your organization’s virtual-desktop management to reduce administration costs.
- Enjoy quick start-up and smooth administration of your virtual-desktop infrastructure via installation wizards and a library of PowerShell cmdlets available in the vWorkspace Community.
- Lock down your users’ access with SSL gateway, delegated administration and optional multi-factor authentication.
- Receive rich reporting on administrative actions, as well as your desktop state and environment configuration with one-click access.
- Monitor your end-users’ experience in real time and in a single view.
vWorkspace - Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 Support
vWorkspace 8.0 provides full support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, allowing you to fully benefit from new functionality in these Windows releases.
vWorkspace - Greatly enhanced Hyper-V Catalyst Components
The Hyper-V Catalyst Components have been enhanced in Dell vWorkspace 8.0. HyperCache now has a special mode for RDSH to provide significant IOPS reduction and performance gains, while HyperDeploy’s new storage optimization feature slashes storage requirements.
vWorkspace - User Experience Monitoring
A new view in the vWorkspace 8.0 management console enables you to monitor your users’ experience by presenting relevant data pertaining to their experience and other context-aware information in a single view. This information is available for “live sessions” as well as past-user sessions, allowing you to go back in time to view user experience metrics.