World-class widgets for motif development
XRT PDS enables you to build improved GUIs quickly, easily and cost effectively, allowing you to focus on the business logic of your application. You can embed a UNIX-based, high-performance object-oriented output engine that’s included in this Motif component development solution, into client- or server-side applications. The output engine also allows you to generate print or web-based documents. With this complete collection of powerful widgets and utilities, you can:
- Develop top-quality user interfaces quickly and easily
- Pay much less for this collection of seven exceptional Motif widgets and utilities than if you bought each separately
- Create documents with multiple tables, columns, running headers and footers, multiple fonts, colors, text sizes and embedded images, without knowing PostScript
- XRT/graph – The world's most awarded, most popular 2D charting and graphing widget now comes with property pages, more chart types and many enhancements.
- XRT/table – This handy, multi-purpose, high performance widget allows you to display and edit tabular information.
- XRT/3d – Easily build stunning, informative and dynamic 3D charts and graphs.
- XRT/gear – The basic component collection (tab, outliner/tree, progress, tips, printing, icons and much more) that Unix Review Magazine calls "the right choice."
- XRT/field – Quickly build data-entry fields – no more tedious XmText validation code to write.
- XRT/gauge – Includes seven highly customizable dial and gauge Motif widgets that measure and display the value of a property or attribute.
- XRT/pageformatter – Output to PostScript, PCL, or PDF for printed and web-based reporting.
- XRT PDS also includes:
• MVC (Model/View/Controller) software you can optionally install for XRT/graph, XRT/table or XRT/3d to easily create multiple dynamic views of a single set of data.
• Integrations with all popular GUI Builder tools, including Builder Xcessory, TeleUSE, UIM/X and X-Designer and SPARCworks/Visual.
• Documentation: More than 1,200 pages of high quality printed documentation, plus online (.pdf) docs.
System requirements for the following platforms as of XRT PDS 2.4.0
|Architecture||Operating system levels supported||Notes|
|Alpha||HP/Compaq Tru64 Unix 4.x, 5.x|
|HP PA-RISC||HPUX 11.x||Both 32 bit and 64 bit architectures are supported|
|IBM RS6000||AIX 5.x||Both 32 bit and 64 bit architectures are supported|
|Intel x86||Any Linux distribution with glibc 2.3+, Solaris 2.6,7,8,9,10||OpenMotif 2.1.30 and OpenMotif 2.2.x are supported in different builds for Linux|
|Intel IA64||Any Linux distribution with glibc 2.3+, HPUX 11.22+||Linux and HPUX are supported in different builds|
|AMD x86_64||Any Linux distribution with glibc 2.3+|
|SGI||Irix 6.5||Both 32 bit and 64 bit architectures are supported|
|Sun SPARC||Solaris 2.6,7,8,9,10||Both 32 bit and 64 bit architectures are supported, separate builds exist for Motif 1.2 and 2.1|
XRT shared libraries
XRT components are available in a shared library format on most supported platforms. With shared libraries the XRT component libraries are not stored in each application binary but are dynamically and transparently loaded into memory when the binary is executed. A single shared library can be used by several applications simultaneously, reducing the amount of disc space necessary, and making it easier to administer.
XRT development licenses and shared libraries are available for individual machines, networks of machines or for entire corporations.