Learn to maximize the power of Foglight and you’ll push application performance to the edge! Watch this informative recorded webcast series.
Select your events
Foglight Administrator 101 Skills: Building Reports
Foglight is Dell's enterprise database, application, user experience, virtualization and infrastructure monitoring solution. Join us for a monthly webcast featuring a live product demo and interactive Q&A focused on a different core Foglight topic each session.
This recorded webcast covers:
- How to use the drag-and-drop interface to create reports containing selected metrics and views
- How to share your report designs with other Foglight users, or keep them private
- How to use the report templates that are already installed with your Foglight cartridges
- Scheduling reports, saving them to files, and emailing them to people in your organization
Join these webcasts to help your organization get even more value from Foglight.
Foglight Administrator 101 Skills: Configuring Email Notifications as Alarm Actions
Build solid skills around important Foglight features and capabilities, and help your organization get even more value from Foglight with our bi-monthly Foglight Administrator Skills 101 webcasts. Each 30-minute session features a live product demo and interactive Q&A session, and focuses on a different core Foglight topic each session.
This webcast will show you how you can:
- Configure SMTP Host and other initial settings
- Use Foglight registry variables for email addresses
- Alter a rule to send an email notification, by severity of the alarm
- Determine if emails are being generated, and how often
Foglight Administrator 101 Skills: Managing Users and Roles
Build solid skills around important Foglight features and capabilities, and help your organization get even more value from Foglight with our monthly Foglight Administrator Skills 101 webcasts. Each session features a live product demo and interactive Q&A session, and focuses on a different core Foglight topic each session.
Learn how you can:
- Understand the basics of Foglight user and role definitions, including how to assign them and manage them
- Control access via password policies and roles
- Integrate with LDAP
- Interpret the User Audit Log
Foglight Administrator Skills 101: Highlights of the Administration Dashboard
Join us for our next session which will cover the Administration dashboard. While each component of Foglight has some separate administration functions, the Administration dashboard has system wide settings which affect all of the Foglight environment. During our session we will show you how you can:
- Use the front-end administration screen for typical system administration tasks.
- Display configuration specifics that are of interest to daily administration.
- List your inventory of cartridges and their releases, and manage them.
- Provide the right information when reporting issues with DSG support
- Manage your users, groups and roles along with the associated security for each.
- Manage rules and notifications for your Foglight environment
Foglight Administrator Skills 101: Using Foglight Database User-Defined Collections for Additional Data
You’ll see how this powerful functionality lets you collect and store virtually any data returned from a SQL statement and use it for reporting and alarms. An example is shared of how other customers are taking advantage of this capability by basing custom alarms on the result set of a SQL statement executed against Oracle v$ views to get metrics not collected by out-of-the-box Foglight agents.
By the end of this webcast, you’ll know how to:
- Determine when a user-defined collection is beneficial.
- Plan for a user-defined collection.
- Build and test the SQL query for your user-defined collection.
- Implement the user-defined collection and use the data for reporting or alarms.
Foglight Administrator Skills 101: Creating and Using Registry Variables
In this session, we’ll show you how Foglight registry variables can help you simplify administration. Learn how to set alarm thresholds differently by server or groups of servers. Proactively build an on-call rotation of people who receive alarm notifications.
Use registry variables within Foglight to explore best practices for performance monitoring in your unique environment.
By the end of this webcast, you’ll know how to:
- Locate existing registry variables that might suit your needs.
- Create a custom registry variable for a custom rule’s alarm condition.
- Describe the difference between registry variables, rule variables and severity variables.
- Alter existing registry variables for common use cases.
Foglight Administrator Skills 101: Creating and Using Schedules
Join this session to find out how schedules can enhance your Foglight monitoring. Learn how to create new schedules or use existing ones to run recurring reports, use different alarm threshold values by time range, and proactively build an on-call rotation of people who receive alarm notifications.
Learn where to find schedules within Foglight and learn how to use these versatile Foglight objects:
- Locate useful existing schedules.
- Create new schedules.
- Confirm that schedules function as expected.
- Apply schedules to common Foglight monitoring use cases.