Boost productivity and access multiple applications easily
Increase productivity in a VTAM environment by gaining easy access to more than one application at a time with MultSess™. This high-performance session manager can also provide you with concurrent access to more than one transaction within the same TP monitor.
This solution can help you better manage multiple applications from a single terminal, and improves productivity when working with more than one connection to the same application. It is designed for IBM's OS/390 MVS operating system environments.
- Control maximum users per application to prevent overload
- Use fully functioning scripting to automatically access the correct transaction
- Perform cutting and pasting between applications
- Set up messaging capabilities by terminal, user, application or operator
- Switch between applications – MultSess allows you to switch quickly and easily, saving time and eliminating frustration.
- Efficiently manage as many as 225 concurrent sessions – With MultSess, you can manage large numbers of high-throughput users while minimizing mainframe CPU resource consumption. You can have up to 255 concurrent sessions to the same or different applications using menu-driven session selection and single-key switching, anywhere in the network.
- Boost productivity and save time – MultSess allows you to work with multiple applications simultaneously, and switch between them quickly, eliminating wasted time of logging on and off your applications.
- Automate common or repetitive transactions – The automated transaction processor (ATP) feature of MultSess makes it easy to automate common or repetitive transactions to VTAM application for any multiple users. With a single keystroke, you can log on, select an application from a menu and invoke a transaction. End users only see the selection menu, followed by the transaction screen.
Supported environment software
- OS/390 MVS - All Versions or z/OS
- IBM OS/390 Security Server (RACF)
- CA-Top Secret
- VTAM - All Versions
- JES2 and JES3 - All Versions
- All models of 317x, 318x, 319x and 327x (or equivalents) using maximum available screen display area, in SNA and non-SNA environments
- 3290 Information Panel with each interactive panel in 3270 mode