File system solution that provides flexible file sharing across a transparent network
NFS/iX provides reliable, flexible file-sharing capabilities on virtually all platforms, including MPE. By allowing transparent access to and from its file system, it enables your HP 3000 systems to coexist with your open systems in the same network. The client/server design of this file-system solution opens files for distributed access between diverse systems – without demanding network transfers. This simple file mount ensures that your data is available across different platforms. It also gives you MPE file access from Unix operating systems with full POSIX shell user commands.
- Transforms your HP 3000 system into a file server for your other NFS clients
- Enables remote access to your files residing on MPE systems that support NFS
- Supports printer access sharing among your users
- Any HP 3000 computer with any HP-supported network
- Additional HP-provided software required for some modules