Virtualization is a part of your company’s vocabulary – permanently. As a DBA, you’re now being asked to manage virtualized, possibly mission-critical databases.What’s the best approach to these new responsibilities?
Join Mattias Sundling, Dell virtualization evangelist, and c, Oracle database author and expert, for a live webcast, as they discuss all aspects of virtualized database management – and how you can thrive in this environment. Topics include:
- Virtualization platform and tool options available for DBAs
- Debunking virtualized database myths
- Optimizing virtual machine settings for Oracle database workloads
- Optimizing hosted OS and database settings for virtualized deployment
- Monitoring performance – it’s not the same, but in some ways it is
- …and much more
Mattias Sundlinghas more than 13 years of experience in IT. He’s spoken at industry events such as VMworld U.S. and Europe, Virtual Forum, and VMUGs across the U.S. and Europe. VMware awarded Mattias the vExpert designation multiple times for his contribution to the VMware community as well as his expertise.
Bert Scalzohas more than 20 years of Oracle database experience. He’s presented at many Oracle conferences and user groups, has written numerous articles, papers and blogs for publications including the Oracle Technology Network (OTN), Oracle Magazine, Oracle Informant, PC Week (eWeek), Dell Power Solutions Magazine, The LINUX Journal, LINUX.com, Oracle FAQ, Ask Toad and Toad World.